For restaurants, artisans, retail stores…
- Task force for understaffed and new hotels and restaurants. I help clients through transitional periods and openings with all things sourcing, purchasing and receiving: building and revising order guides, inventory, placing orders, picking up local produce orders from area farms and markets.
- Meet with you to determine which purveyors and products meet criteria of concept, and which items most need to be sourced.
- Identify ingredients that could be substituted with locally sourced and/or sustainable ingredients.
- Determine which artisan products will be outsourced, and which will be made in-house.
- Procure samples for you to evaluate and determine preferred purveyors.
- Build spreadsheet of preferred purveyors with logistical information.
- Provide seasonal forecasts to inform menu planning.
- Commission the appropriate farmer(s) to grow specific varieties for you.
- Build order guides by order deadline and update a weekly produce order guide (indicating which farms are growing those specific fruit and vegetables).
- Menu copyediting.
- Implement sustainability initiatives such as recycling and composting, training of both FOH and culinary staff.